Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorney Discusses a Slip and Fall on Another’s Property

Pennsylvania Personal Injury AttorneysI am often asked as a Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorney, “what should I do if I slip and fall on another person’s property”?  There are some general things you want to keep in mind if you are injured on someone else’s property, be it a residential or commercial property, which are the following. First and foremost, you need to take care of yourself. If you need to seek emergency medical attention, then you need to do that. If you need to call 911 and request an ambulance, you need to do that as well. These are some things that you should keep in mind for after you have sought medical attention..

You want to take photographs of the scene, photographs of your injuries, and photographs of the condition that caused the harm in the first place. You want to get testimony from potential witnesses, and you want to get their information, their names, their contact information so you can contact them later.  If it is a business or a residential property, you want to alert the property owner immediately of the incident. If it’s a property that’s owned by a business or run by a business, you should contact the police and have a police report done. If it’s a business, you want to put them on notice to preserve the security footage. All of these can be very beneficial as the case proceeds in proving your claim.

Have you been seriously injured by a slip and fall on someone else’s property?  Contact our experienced Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorneys to fight for you.

This educational blog was brought to you by Patrick Gibson, an experienced Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorney.

Skip to content