How Do I Go About Splitting from My Business Partner?
The experienced Media Business attorneys at Gibson & Perkins, PC offer customized legal solutions for a variety of litigation issues, from transactional work to complex matters.
Often times as experienced Media Business Attorneys, we will get asked by a client how they should split from their business partner.
- The best course of action would be to review your business agreement documents and see the stipulations there in regards to termination.
- If you are mutually separating the company, you can agree to split different assets of the business.
- If only one partner is leaving the business, you will have to go into negotiations to determine the value of the business, and then work out a payout.
- We will work out an exit agreement to state how both parties go forth after the dissolution or buyout.
- If you are a majority owner of the company, you can reduce their perks to force them out.
Do you own a business and want to split from your partner? Contact our dedicated Media Business Attorneys for help.