How Do I Go About Splitting from My Business Partner?
The experienced Media Business attorneys at Gibson & Perkins, PC offer customized legal solutions for a variety of litigation issues, from transactional work to complex matters. We have law offices conveniently located in Media, Pennsylvania and New Castle, Delaware.
Often times as experienced Media Business Attorneys, we will get asked by a client how they should split from their business partner.
- The best course of action would be to review your business agreement documents and see the stipulations there in regards to termination.
- If you are mutually separating the company, you can agree to split different assets of the business.
- If only one partner is leaving the business, you will have to go into negotiations to determine the value of the business, and then work out a payout.
- We will work out an exit agreement to state how both parties go forth after the dissolution or buyout.
- If you are a majority owner of the company, you can reduce their perks to force them out.
Do you own a business and want to split from your partner? Contact our dedicated Media Business Attorneys for help.