Media Business Attorneys

How Can I Involuntarily Split from My Business Partner?

The experienced Media Business attorneys at Gibson & Perkins, PC offer customized legal solutions for a variety of litigation issues, from transactional work to complex matters.

As Media Business Attorneys, we are often asked how to split from a business partner when it’s involuntary.

  • The first thing to do when you want to split from your business partner is to review your shareholder’s agreement and follow the steps.
  • You will want to set up an appraisal of the business by a third party.
  • If a buyout is needed, you will determine the amount needed to proceed.
  • It is best not to establish a low buyout price to avoid arbitration. You should seek mediation to work out the final financial disputes if possible.

Are you looking to involuntarily split from your business partner?  Contact our experienced Media Business Attorneys for guidance.

This educational video was brought to you by experienced Media Business Attorney Walter J. Timby.