Will I Have to Repay My Insurance Company After an Injury Case?
The experienced Media PA Personal Injury Attorneys at Gibson & Perkins, PC offer a full range of of legal services to individuals who have been injured through no fault of their own. We fight aggressively to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
As an experienced Media PA Personal Injury Attorney, I am often asked if you must repay your insurance company after receiving a settlement.
- Personal injury clients generally attempt to recover for medical bills, pain and suffering, and non-economic harm.
- Clients may be required to repay medical bills paid by their insurer, who may have a lien on the proceeds of their case.
- Private insurance companies can enforce a lien only if the attorney or client is put on notice via a lien letter sent when the insurer learns of the law suit.
- If a case is resolved before the insurer becomes aware of the potential claim, successful recovery may not be subject to repayment.
- Under the “super lien” rules, government-run programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, etc., can recover their pound of flesh whether or not they are on notice.
- Inform your attorney if your medical bills are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other government-run program.
Are you wondering if you will have to pay your insurance company back after an accident? Contact dedicated Media PA Personal Injury Attorney Patrick Gibson for guidance.